Enter Elomi*

I'm typically one for sticking to brands that I know fit me well and suit my style and shape - this is never more true than with lingerie.   My lingerie wardrobe is full of the same brands, colours, and even shapes - I mean, why upset a tested formula? 
Then I found Elomi; sister brand to DD+ favourites Freya and Fantasie, the range is soaked in old school glamour with strong, classic lines and subtle detailing in collections that often run to a generous K cup.  
Imogen by Elomi
I have been lucky enough to be sent one of Elomi's essential sets to review for you.  Unfortunately, recent illness and subsequent surgeries means that I've not been able to take pictures of me wearing the set so I'm afraid I'll be using Elomi's own images and simply describing the fit and function of this  set!
Bijou in Black by Elomi

The Bijou in black is a moulded plunge bra with underwired cups that provide a really smooth rounded shape across the bust.  It has subtle pink piping details and a pink bow nestled in the cleavage with the cutest little black polka dots. 

The straps are wide and very supportive and come with a great racerback conversion that make this bra perfect for wearing beneath the racer back camisoles that seem to be everywhere at the moment (I've bought 4 from New Look in the past 2 months). 




 I have the Bijou in a 36GG and it fits me like a glove - it's incredibly supportive and gives me a great uplift that is reminiscent of the Freya Deco.  The back band is wide and very supportive and appears to minimise back and under arm fat - always a bonus for me! It has a 3-eye closing with the back band being made from a sheer mesh that offers great structural support. 
I have the pants in a UK XXL which fit my big bottom like a dream.  I could easily have dropped to the XL but we all know I like my pants big and roomy.  Although they are not advertised as having any built in support, the high waist design and pink panel details on the front means that they have a slimming and shaping feel to them.  The way the pants are seamed means there is virtually no VPL which make them great for wearing beneath slinky dresses come party season. 
I'm really impressed with this set and think that the Bijou will become one of those staples in my wardrobe that gets pulled out for all occasions. I love that is comes in Nude and will probably invest in the most neutral tone at some point in the future. 
Bijou in Nude by Elomi
The bra is priced at £45 for the bra and knickers at £18 so this isn't the cheapest of sets on the market.  However, I feel this is going to be a durable piece that supports you for a long time to come.  It is versatile enough to make for great evening wear as well as every day use - and its stylish enough to strip off and bare all in those dreaded gym changing rooms (I know I will be the moment I'm well enough to get back in the pool). 
The Bijou is available as both Evans and House of Fraser so do give it a go and let me know what you think - links are below:
House of Fraser - Bijou
Evans - Bijou
Elomi have also recently been nominated as Best Lingerie brand as the British Plus Size Awards - do give them a vote as I think their range is terrific!
http://www.britishplussizeawards.co.uk/voting-2015/
 
post signature

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER