Superboost ... a lingerie dream ...

For some time now, I've been searching for a shaping slip to wear beneath figure hugging dresses.  Something that smooths away those love handles and enhances my waist without being overly restrictive.  I have many that fit the bill, but none that look particularly sexy.  

Then I saw the Gossard Superboost Slip Dress and snapped it up that very day! 



I ordered the 36G with some reservations that the skirt would be too small, yet I really needn't have worried.  The skirt was snug but fitted around my hips with just the littlest bit of wiggling.  I wore this under slip out last night and the skirt didn't roll up once - which is a problem that I have with almost all under slips! 

The bra gave my boobs a wonderful full rounded shape that made me feel very voluptuous and incredibly sexy.  The cups are supportive and with the straps attached I could easily wiggle about without any worry of spillage. The bra, despite appearances, is also adjustable with the back band of traditional bra hiding beneath the zip of the back and offering 3 different sizing options. 



The gold zip at the back looks fantastic but is very sturdy.  It takes a while fasten and isn't the easiest on your own, but it holds beautifully once you're secured in (I was worried that is would slip down over the course of the evening but it held fast straight through till the early hours). 


Although not sold as shape wear, the slip does really enhance my figure.  The subtle panelling of the skirt are very supportive and the transition to the lace bodice really nips in the waist.  Both my tummy and hips feel smoother and look much neater beneath a tight fitted dress. 

What I love most about this slip is the lace - it's subtle, demure, and revealing all at once.   The lace lends that slip a very vintage and made me feel rather like climbing into a martini glass for my best impression of Dita Von Teese - although what else would you expect from a brand that bought us the divine Retrolution?

  
The slip is priced at £54 and is worth every penny as the detailing is perfection! 


I bought the thong in XL which is generously sized and looks as great as the slip itself! 

I should also point out that the straps are removable ... unfortunately, I didn't feel it was supportive enough to so, meaning I will not be wearing this slip as a strapless solution. 

Have you found any great lingerie finds lately?


post signature

14 comments:

  1. This is so lovely and sexy, the colour is gorgeous too. I've been looking for some non-ugly shapewear too haha. you look fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it really is amazing and one of those rare, completely timeless pieces! I've never found anything like it that I can actually afford before!

      C xx
      Cxx
      http://curvygirlthin.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely and sexy, the colour is gorgeous too. I've been looking for some non-ugly shapewear too haha. you look fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous look, it's almost like outerwear, such beautiful styling! I like the fit on you, no roll-up from the looks of it. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did very nearly wear it out as an LBD on Saturday ... it's too beautiful to be hidden!

      Cxx
      http://curvygirlthin.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  4. Great photos ...and Your look is so stunning...Your Silhouette is Magic!...what a charisma...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - you are very kind!

      C xx
      http://curvygirlthin.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness how amazing do you look?! Thanks for sharing your blog with my community.

    Zaineb - Blogging Gals Founder | www.zeenaxena.com ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous on you!

    Is the dress opaque enough to be worn as outerwear?

    How tall are you/what length is it? I always find things are too short on my frame as I'm so tall but I'd be keen to try this out - it's so gorgeous!

    Kitty x

    www.undercoverlingerista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      The skirt is opaque, as it the bra, but the lace on the bodice is sheer.

      I'm 5ft10 and it comes to mid-thigh or, as I like to put it, a work-acceptable-mini-skirt-length!

      C xx

      Delete
  7. This is gorgeous :O I love it so much. Oh lord what have you done, now I'll be obsessing over it for days until I probably cave in and get it!

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER