The Babydoll Game - The Figleaves Boudoir Carmen

Today I am posting something that I am really not happy with.  

I bought Figleaves Boudoir's Carmen as part of my search to find a flirtatious little babydoll to lounge about in.  

On the model, it was everything I wanted.  The sheer cups and severe strapping give a subtle nod to the whole 50 shades craze, and the vibrant purple gives the piece a feminine edge.  Yet the moment it arrived I was sorely disappointed. 




Immediately I found the polyamide and polyester blend material cheap - it chaffs against the skin and looks unduly shiny!  The strapping detail feels harsh and abrasive instead of sexy and the hemming just feels poor. 

My disappointment only grew when I tried it on.  I bought a 36G which is the size all my other Figleaves' own pieces are  - yet this barely went round me.  As you can see, the cups are squashing and compressing my boobs down.  The back is also far too small giving me strange wing-like bulges around my upper arms that the straps really cut into. 



The length is also disappointing, barely coming to my hips and the keyhole back is warped in shape - although this could be because I need a much larger size. 



Unlike the other babydoll's I've tried, the fit of the chemise on this is also poor.  The way the material is folded into the bar is simply awkward - it bulges outwards at the waist hiding any figure a curvy girl may have.

This item is priced at quite a steep £55 and, to be honest, I wouldn't buy this piece for half that.

This is how it looks on the model ...



What do you think of this piece?  Would you be willing to try it?  Or have you already tried it and feel differently to me?  I'd love to know your thoughts. 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I must admit this isn't my favourite piece but I do really like the colour of it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, I think you look fabulous showcasing that babydoll and matching panty! I love babydolls but can identify with your reaction to the feel harsh of the fabric and have trouble finding babydolls that suit my size (US XL-2XL 18-22) and taste. For me, one of the joys of wearing lingerie is feeling something slippery-soft and comfortable against my skin. Unfortunately most sheer fabrics are made of a mesh (low thread count) that doesn't feel as nice as I would like. Another thing I look for in lingerie is the looks. In babydolls I prefer something with cap sleeves and a shorter length that lets the seat of my panties show since, as my blog's name suggests, I primarily review full brief panties. I do love the colour of the Figleaves Boudoir Carmen babydoll and despite the Figleaves Boudoir Carmen having less than optimal fabric feel and tailoring, you do look beautiful wearing it, and I'll be window-shopping at Figleaves despite the backlog oflingerie hauls that I've yet to review.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2015/09/fbloggers-lingerie-haul-excuses-old.html

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER