A Plus Size Christmas with Studio 8*

For those who don't know I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!
This year, I have a lot of parties to go to so I'm going to need some decent party dresses to see me through to New Year and at least on of these HAS to be red. 


This is my sophisticated, classic, elegant party look.  A simply draped dress in a statement colour with black accessories and a glittery necklace.  It's a go to look for me as there is something effortless about letting the dress do the talking. 

This is the Studio 8 Georgie Dress in Size 16 and true to Studio 8 style, it is beautifully made from quality fabrics and really takes into account the shape of a fuller figure. 


With soft ruches and draped material, the fitted dress really sucks in at the waist and elongates the figure with the v-neck.   

Unfortunately, it is not very forgiving and, despite being fully lined, does show every lump and bump.  I'm not wearing any shapewear in these pictures but really feel I should be!


The dress also sits a little shorter on my 5ft10 figure than I would have liked.  A feel a fitted pencil dress should sit on the knee whereas this sits just above my knee.  I'm sure it would sit much better on a smaller frame! 


I do really like the rather demure v-neck.  So many v-neck dresses flash far too much cleavage for a dress to be versatile.  This dress, however, can be worn from the board room to the local pub to the army after hours nightclub (albeit you will be the best dressed amongst a bunch of sweaty teenagers).

I would also like to give a huge shout out to this beautiful statement necklace that I think I'll be getting a lot of wear out of this party season.  It really does elevate an outfit! 


The dress is priced at £99 which is on the pricier end of party dresses - but I think it is worth it.  I am so impressed with the quality of this dress and it really is a timeless piece that could be worn bought out year after year and revived in so many different ways.  I would say it's worth the investment!

Outfit details:






post signature

3 comments:

  1. Your figure is so beautifully accentuated in this dress! It's so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is BOOM CHICKA WOW WOW! Stunner. xx
    Just Me Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so gorgeous! I'm also a fan of the festive season and a red item should always be incorporated at some point. The dress looks great on you, shape wear or not X
    www.fattyboomtatty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER