A love affair with pleather

A few days ago I shared my love lust list for the coming autumn/winter season.  Top on my wish was a leather-look skirt and yesterday it arrived!


I cannot get enough of this skirt!  It sits a little lower than I had expected but the length is perfect.  The material flows without being light enough to blow away in the wind - no-one wants one of those Marilyn moments when walking out of the office.   

I paired the skirt with a simple, tight fitted t-shirt in grey with a slight boat neck.  I wore my favourite Carvela patent sling backs for a real 50's feel and a chunky pearl cuff for a bit of sparkle.  I wore simple gold studs and kept my hair sleek and simply to let the skirt do the talking. 

Clockwise from top left:  Peggy Pearl Bracelet by Coast; South Three-Quarter Sleeve Crew Neck Top from Very; 2 x Square Stud Pack by Accessorize; Black Peeptoe Heels by New Look;  Love Label Midi PU Length Skater Skirt from Very.

The leather-look of the skirt let me embrace my inner vamp so I teamed it with dark red nail polish and flash of vampiric red on the lips. 


This look is one of my favourites and will suit all heights and waistlines.  Just remember to keep the top sleek and simple, heels high - the addition of a peep toe gives it an added va-va-voom - and don't be scared to move across to the dark side!

C x

2 comments:

  1. I totally get your love for pleather. It's really a great look for anyone to wear. I share the same love. That flared pleather or as I love to call it, faux-leather is simply fabulous! Looking good curvy girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna! I do love this skirt and will soon to be investing in a faux-leather pencil skirt for work this Autumn ... I'll post photos when I have them :)

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER