A/W Trends - The Curvy Sixties

On Sunday I shared my love of the 60s and the thrill I felt when the likes of Louis Vuitton and Emilio Pucci bedecked their models in 60s inspired trends.

Since then I have used every excuse possible to channel my inner Twiggy ... and this is what I've been wearing.



One of my favourite skirts plays perfect homage to this trend.  The bold geometric pattern and simple cut make the skirt perfect with knee highs and opaque tights.  I found this skirt in the sale at Monsoon a few months back and it has quickly become a staple of my wardrobe.  Seen above,  I've paired the skirt with a sheer shirt with a pussy bow and chandelier earrings.  Camisole tops and simple t-shirts also look great tucked into this great little skirt. 


The boots seen above are from New Look several years ago.  The ruffled leather is great for hiding my huge calves and, being from New Look, there is an extra few inches in the width that means I can wear thick tights beneath without losing circulation. 

I bardot necklines and I have the ASOS body pictured above in several different colours.  It's such a versatile top and looks great with skirts and trousers.  

Opaque tights are must when it comes to the sixties look.  The dark red tights worn in the top right pictures are great when teamed with a black dress and the black thigh-high boots from Next.   These tights are from Tesco and come in grey and black as well.  The L-XL size is perfect for my long legs and wide hips so are really a must for any curvy girls out there - they also last and rarely snag! 




So, who say's a girl with curves can't pull of the 60s look?  Keep lines simple, patterns bold, and boots high.  Big earrings, sleek hair, extravagant eyes, and nude lips are all that's needed to complete the look. 

C x 


DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER