Winter Sales: The Clothing Edit

A very good (and very impatient) friend pointed out that I had promised to continue my sale picks and, 48hours later, had not posted them.  This is because I was waiting for the orders to arrive which was troublesome with ASOS being delayed and Yodel being yodel. 
But here they are, my sale picks modelled inexpertly by yours truly!





Short Sleeve Godet Top
£12.50 from Very.co.uk

I'm desperately short of tops: the longline variety to be worn with  skinny jeans and leggings. This top ticks both those boxes - and isn't the pattern lush?  I love the fantail at the back.  Its perhaps a little large for me at the waist but I plan to team it with a skinny white belt to show that off a bit more. 
I'm wearing a size 18 and couldn't really size down without my boobs overspilling. 



£15 at ASOS.com 


This draped top in nude is also great for wear with leggings and skinny jeans - but it also looks pretty phenomenal with work trousers and will be great for my forthcoming business trip to Boston.  It's a comfy fit and the draped necking is oh-so-flattering.  The fold of the material also enhances my waist so what's not to love?

I'm wearing an 18 which is a little large on the waist but the drapes hide this perfectly.  It also means I can fit a cami underneath if needs must in this winter weather!




£49 at Phase Eight

My favourite work trouser, a pair of red peg legs, out grew me back in September.  I've been struggling to find a pair worthy enough to replace them for some time.  Finally, I found these amazing jacquard trousers from Phase Eight.  I had tried them on when they were full price and neglected to buy them at the time.  I went home only to be haunted by them so snapped them up the moment they came on sale. 

The trouser length is surprisingly long which is great for my giraffe legs!  The waist isn't overly high, sitting just above my hip bone, but they don't move or cause builder bum.  I love, love, the material and prance about like a happy munchkin when wearing these.  

I'm wearing a size 16 which is a little snug on the hips but nothing uncomfortable.  The 18 was baggy on my legs and gaping at my waist.   I think Phase Eight definitely do a bit of the old vanity sizing!




£14.00 at ASOS.com 


The red top I'm wearing with the jacquard trousers is from ASOS Curve.  Its too low to wear without a cami underneath and is really too short in the body for me.  I love how it looks from in front but from the side it makes me look frumpy.  The waist doesn't pull in enough and the peplum starts far to high which means I have no shape whatsoever.  

I think this top will look fantastic on a shorter curvy girl but unless ASOS combine their curve and tall range, then I'm unlikely to fit into tops such as this. 

For reference, I'm wearing an 18. 




£17 at ASOS.com

I also bought these cute, little, pointed toe ankle boots.  As you can see, they are more grey than the advertised black and I did consider sending them back on principle.  Then I tried them on and they look amazing sticking out from beneath skinny jeans.   They're also very comfy and kept me standing when walking down an iced road to get to the pub. 

So, what finds did you stumble across in the sale?
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Lovely outfits and you have a lovely figure.Those boots are ace. And I just realised that you don't live in Canada, you live in Oxford. :) hehe... I'm going to Oxford on Saturday actually!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER