Masquerade! The Grand Reveal ...

A few weeks ago I shared my magical experience of dress shopping for my works do - a spectacular masquerade!

I spent hours searching for a dress worthy of the occasion and ordered what I thought would be a wonderful dress, made-to-measure from Etsy.  It was a full-length, black extravaganza with a low back, a v-neck and a golden chain as straps - I was in love the moment I saw the picture.  Then it came and I could have cried.  Despite being made-to-measure it was too short in the body, some seams weren't hemmed and when they were they were done badly with thread sprouting everywhere and holes in many of them.  I was devastated - especially as the Etsy shop are now saying I caused the damage myself and they will not refund it (because I would really ruin a dress for jollies!).

Luckily, I stumbled across the perfect replacement when shopping last week.  It isn't what I originally had in mind; it is short -not long and full-skirted - not figure hugging.  But I loved it the moment I put it on - especially as it shows off my tanned legs!





The dress is from Untold at House of Fraser and is in the sale for £78.  The jersey material is very heavy which gave the skirt the beautiful full shape you can see above.  The lace panels gave a nod to sensual (which we all know I love) and the v-neck gave just enough cleavage to be sexy without trashy! 




I'm wearing a size 16 so the dress is rather generous - it takes a generous 16 for my chest to fit when the material has very little stretch! 

I teamed the dress with amazing sparkly shoes from New Look - they're actually gold to match the golden bangles I'm wearing! They are comfy enough to wear all evening - even when manic dancing was involved. 





The lipstick I'm wearing is Diva by Mac and I cannot recommend it enough!  It lasted all night, managed not to smudge as I ate a huge Mission Burrito (smearing sour cream halfway across my face) and looked generally amazing.  I was worried wearing such a dark shade but, having seen the photos, I've realised I had nothing to fear! 




I got my mask off ebay - it came in a pack of three and, as you can see, the spares were soon dispersed amongst friends! 




The masquerade was great fun - thanks mostly to the wonderful company of friends and colleagues, and I loved getting all dolled up as much as I loved the burritos and wild dancing, it may have something to do with the margaritas and champagne but I'm going to put the joy down to the dress and shoes.  The Photo Booth was pretty awesome too!






Enjoy what's left of your weekend and tweet me pictures of what you've been wearing @curvygirlthin 

C xx

Ps.  don't forget you can follow me on bloglovin!

1 comment:

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER