"Fat Girls Can't Wear Culottes" ?????

I've spoken before about my anxiety around culottes -  I love the look when on a model but the fear of over hearing someone saying "fat girls can't wear culottes" still resounds in my head. 

Yet after falling in love with the look, if not the quality, of a New Look Culotte Jumpsuit I set about trying to find myself a smart, work-appropriate pair of culottes. 



These Pied a Terre culottes were on sale from House of Fraser for a measly £20.50 a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, they are now out of stock but I wanted to share them none the less.

They are everything I wanted from a pair of culottes: high-waisted, extreme in shape, come with pockets, and sit nicely beneath my knee.



I really love the extreme pleats that give the leg the appearance of a 1950's full skirt, and the swishing of the fabric as you walk.

They are light weight but made from a heavy enough material to hold their shape.  The pleats have stayed nicely in place after several washes - even when I refuse to iron cause who the hell has time for ironing?


The culottes are a size 16 and teeny bit tight on my waist but, the way I'm losing weight, this won't be  the case for long.  

I've paired the culottes with a camisole in a subtle silver sheen from Marks & Spencer.  






Necklace: from a vintage jewellery store 

Have you embraced culottes yet?
post signature

1 comment:

  1. You look bloody fabulous in them! They're really smart. xx

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER