Joe Browns - Brazilia

I'm in the midst of a floral obsession - my weekends and evening are spent planting primroses in my garden and this love seems to have seeped into my wardrobe too.  

I'm perfectly happy in my floral bliss of la-la-land and fairies and cute little honey bees.  Perhaps that is why I feel head over heels with the amazingly vibrant Joe Brown's Brazilia dress from Simply Be



The print of the dress is kind of to die for - it screams summer and I'm pretty sure is bright enough to confuse nectar hunting bees.


I wearing a size 18 which fitted my boobs and frame perfectly but did require a skinny belt to cinch the waist slightly. 

The skirt is very full and I feel it could benefit from a petticoat being worn underneath for added va-va-voom - if anyone can recommend a good place for me to buy one, then please do!!!

The skirt is perhaps a little shorter than I would like as I feel a dress like this should sit below the knee.  That said, I'm 5ft10 so many knee length skirts sit hover just that bit higher on me! 



It was very windy when I took these photos and I very nearly got swept to Oz to find a heart for a lion!

The dress is available in sizes 12-32.  Unfortunately, it is in very low stock with most sizes already sold out - let's hope that Simply Be will restock soon!



What I love most about this dress is the Peter-Pan collar!  It adds a fairytale whimsy to the dress that is so very cute.  Unfortunately, it also requires pressing to keep in place as wanted to stand on end when I first received the dress.

I also feel the three teenie little buttons down the front of the dress add to the whimsy.  Thankfully, that are for decorative purposes only so there is no need to worry about bursting through the seams like I do with many buttoned up tops/dresses.



The dress is priced at £55 which is a little more on the pricey side than I would normally buy.  However, I feel this dress is one of those really versatile pieces for summer.

I'd pair it with flip flops and a braided pony tail for those picnic and beer garden days and switch it up with heels, pin-curled hair (and maybe a flower) for those summer weddings!

I also feel the quality of this dress makes the price worthwhile! The seams are sturdily stitched to give a good structure to the dress and the fabric hangs very well, holding the subtle pleats of the skirt very well.



I have to say, I love this dress and will be looking closer at Joe Brown's range in future as they have many fresh, summer prints for the coming season.

What do you think of this dress?  Is it something you'd add to your wardrobe this summer?

post signature

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous on you, and has confirmed that I NEED to have one in my wardrobe. LUSH! So summery and pretty. Can I have YOUR wardrobe?
    xxx

    curvesncurlsuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should just share ... right?

      C xx
      http://curvygirlthin.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. what a beautiful photos! Your garden is gorgeous so full of nice colours...also Your outfit is great on You!
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aure! The tree is actually in the field opposite my house but I'm trying to plant up my garden with lots of beautiful colours at the moment!

      C xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh, the dress is gorgeous and you can't go wrong with a shot by a blossom tree in spring. Gorge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress. I have been looking at it online, but I'm still finding out how to love florals more ;) So I chose a different Joe Browns dress instead when I bought one for my holiday. :) I do like some florals and this is definitely one of them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER