The City Break Wardrobe - The Products

As this is post goes live, I'm en-route to Vienna - most likely with a large gin and tonic in hand as I try to get comfortable with limited leg room! 

The trip is for work but I do plan on seeing some of the sights in my lunch breaks and evenings so thought I'd share with you my travel suitcase and some essential packing tips that I swear by!




The Hand Luggage



Travelling with work means most of my hand luggage is taken up by my laptop, iPad, camera, and notebooks.  This doesn't leave me with much room for personal items, but I can always find room for 7 essentials. 

1.  Kindle - it keeps you occupied during those delays that we seem to suffer all too often, Im currently reading a true escapist classic, The Palace of Curiosities by Rosie Garland

2. A mini hair brush - cause no-one like tangles locks when stepping off a plane.

3. Simple Cleansing Facial wipes - in case you need to freshen up in the bathroom after an over packed (and rather stinky) flight

4. Plasters - just in case those comfy travel shoes aren't so comfy once you're feet are swollen from an excess of duty-free shopping

5. Lip Balm - I'm currently using Burts Bees in Pink Grapefruit - it moisturises and smells divine

6.  Antibacterial Hand Gel - cause god knows what happened in that plane toilet before you went in!

7. Sinus relief tablets - I flew from Boston to Vancouver with one of the heaviest colds ever - my ears didn't pressurise as they were too full and bang, there goes my ear drum, I'll never fly without sinus relief again!


The Toiletries 



I don't have the most complicated of beauty routines - which means my wash bag is never huge.  Nevertheless, to save space, I buy mini's wherever possible.  

I collect samples when shopping at Clarins and other luxury brands as these mini-sized bottles of product are great for travelling - and are small enough to pack as hand luggage if you don't have checked baggage.

My essentials are:

1. TRESemme Salon Finish Hair Spray - to hold my curls

2. Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo & Conditioner - the only thing that stops my excessive frizz

3. Batiste Dry Shampoo On The Go Blush - great for back combing and day old hair alike!

4. Nivea Creme Pot - it's y favourite moisturiser and really helps with 

5. Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Mask (I take samples but the full size is linked) - to repair my dried out face after hours or recirculated air

6. Clarins Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream (I take samples but the full size is linked) - to combat that blocked grimy feeling you get after travelling

7. Clarins One-Step Facial Cleanser - cause I'm a little too lazy to cleanse and tone

8. Dove Invisible Dry Deodrant - cause I hate deodorant marks on my top

9.  Clarins Sun Care Oil Spray -  I wear spf15 all winter and transition to spf30 about now, I like to tan to stick with oil whenever possible

10. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Perfume - I wear little else

11. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Foaming Shower Gel - I'm a little spoilt!!


The Make - Up 



I'm not huge on make-up - my look is quite simple (although most days I wear nothing but moisturiser). 

As I'm working, and hitting the town on the evening with a completely awesome and beautiful colleague, I've decided to pack a little more than just beauty balm for this trip. 

1. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - it's really my daily skin saver!

2. Clarins Skin Perfecting Cream SPF 25 in Fair - great and even coverage for a really fresh feeling face, I'm not one for heavy foundations



5. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lip liner in 02 Red Dynamite - this is my life saver when it comes to red lips, ensures my lipstick lasts and doesn't bleed, I sometimes wear it on its own with a slick of vaseline

6. Two Face Lipstick in Drop Dead Red - this is now discontinued which makes me want to cry as even Mac doesn't come close to this!

7. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in 7 Espresso Ink - I love the dark brown of this which is far more subtle than black for daily wear 

8. Yves Saint Laurent Touch Eclat - my miracle product

9. Lancome Virtuose - I love the curved brush of this mascara, I pack my travel sized (2ml) version which has now, unfortunately, been discontinued.

10. Rimmel London Lasting Finish in Double Decker Red - gotta have the nails to match the lips.

11. Vaseline - I don't go anywhere without it!


What do you pack for going away?  What are the essentials you simply can't live without?

And don't forget to call back in next Sunday when I'll share my travel wardrobe (and hopefully some envy-worthy photos of Vienna itself).  

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Lipsticks, lipstick and lipsticks. I don't go anywhere without a dozen of them!! I know it is crazy, but I do! I always have vaseline with me too. And mascara, wipes and moisturiser. I don't wear much make up everyday either. Mostly lipstick and mascara. What else do you need? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I really need to get more lipsticks! I'm quit boring with my make up and feel I ought to step outside my comfort zone occasionally!

      C xx

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER